Wireless Certification for Wi-Fi network engineers and IT network professionals is one of the major initiatives of the Wireless Certification Commission, with the launch of seven industry-leading wireless professional certifications in Wi-Fi network engineering.
There are several important distinctions between the WCC’s wireless certifications and those from other organisations:
- The WCC’s certifications have been designed to be job-oriented, not simply knowledge-oriented.
- Certification is based on practical testing of an individual’s ability to perform the tasks that their job role will demand, and not merely on an ability to read a book and pass a computer-based test.
- Annual re-testing and re-certification is required in order to maintain a WCC wireless certification. This ensures that WCC CERTIFIED™ wireless engineers have the most up-to-date skills needed for their job role.
- WCC wireless certifications are complimentary to those of the leading Wi-Fi product manufacturers. WCC wireless training and certification enhances the knowledge acquired in vendor training courses, and adds the critical skills that are needed for all modern WiFi network deployments.
- WCC wireless engineer certifications are multi-vendor and vendor-neutral. The knowledge and skills acquired apply to all WiFi vendors product sets.
WCC CERTIFIED™ wireless engineer skills are increasingly in demand by employers in the IT industry and by major organisations which employ wireless networks.