Reducing Wi-Fi network Costs through Standards, Optimised Engineering and Certification
The Wireless Certification Commission is an independent Standardisation and Certification body for Wi-Fi networks, committed to improving the standards of Wi-Fi Network Engineering.
Our purpose is to reduce your costs when Purchasing and Operating Wi-Fi networks – through the application of new Standards, Empowered Procurement, Optimised Network Engineering and Network Certification.
Most Wi-Fi networks are at present not “engineered” to any standard at all. This applies even if you’ve had a “heatmap site survey”, and your Wi-Fi network is installed by a vendor-certified company.
This is why most Wi-Fi networks cost more than they should, and why they often fail to deliver the Coverage, Capacity, Performance, Reliability and Security that customers need or deserve.
The WCC has recognised the need for Wi-Fi networks to be Engineered to agreed and Certifiable standards, so that they:
- Meet the specific needs of your organisation
- Perform well
- Are reliable and Secure
- Cost less to Purchase
- Cost less to Operate.
In a completely new initiative, the WCC have published Certification Standards which define how Wi-Fi networks should be engineered.
For a whole range of Use Cases, you can download WCC Certification Standards which will allow you to:
- Specify to your IT suppliers exactly how your Wi-Fi network should be engineered.
- Compare on a level playing field the different quotations you receive from different Wi-Fi network suppliers.
- Extract written guarantees from your Wi-Fi network supplier – to ensure the Coverage, Performance, Reliability and Security that you require.
- Get your Wi-Fi network Certified – to ensure that it meets your requirements.
- Hold your supplier to account if your Wi-Fi network does not meet the standards that you agreed.
A WCC-certified WiFi network is guaranteed to meet the requirements of your organisation, and it will do so with a lower cost of ownership.
With a WCC-Certified WiFi network, you can rest assured that your wireless network has been designed and engineered to new standards which far surpass the majority of Wi-Fi networks installed to date.